Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Embarassing a 16 year old girl: 101

I've always had a special place in my heart for Joy. I met her when I first started dating Julie, and back then Joy was just a skinny little 14 year old girl who was way to sheltered. Joy is the youngest of the infamous 4 sisters, and since have two older brothers, I sympathized with her. The girls could be pretty mean sometimes, and that's not to say Joy didn't deserve some of it. She developed a fondness for irritating them.

Anyway Joy and I hit it off immediately. Mostly because she would try to irritate me, and I would be patient with her. We were buddies in no time. I have to admit I had an advantage though. Joy had always looked up to Julie, and that kinda made me the big brother she didn't have.

Fast forward a couple years. Julie and I are now in college together, and Joy is now 16. For those who live on another planet, there is a HUGE difference between a 14 year old girl, and a 16 year old girl. By now, I'm starting to go from the "big brother she likes to pick at" to "The big brother she likes to firt with". Julie never minded, in fact, she still doesn't. If anything, she encourages it. It's funny though, it got to the point where the oldest sister Jill, actually forbade Joy to flirt with her boyfriend / soon-to-be-husband. Silly huh?

Anyway so all this is background. The main story takes place at my parents condo when we were in college, and Joy was 16. Now it had been a while since I had seen Joy, and well... she had ummm... Grown up... quite a bit... You can imagine the things going on in a 16 year old girl's head in that situation.

Most of this is a haze... All I remember is... Not long after Joy got there... The three of us were talking... and where only Joy and I could hear, Julie says...

"Look! Joy got boobies!"

And that boys and girls, is what Joy calls the most humiliating experience of her life. I dunno why though. Oh I'm sure it had something to do with the two of us looking and then commenting on how nice they were or something...

Doesn't make much sense to me though... I mean.. She seems fairly proud of them now!

No comments: