Thursday, June 24, 2004

Drug Lords and other Valueless Scum

Ok, obviously the major topic these days is Joy, and why in fact it is stupid for her to be going to Columbia. I would much rather ignore this whole thing and talk about football... but since you kids have your panties in a wad over it, we may as well hash it out.

I'll tell ya where I stand on this. From the first time I heard about Joy going to South America, back when she was like 16 or so, I've been telling her it was a dumb idea.

Her crazy-as-a-bedbug Mom took her down there when she was young, and impressionable, and now wonders how she ended up being so impressed. Duh.

The Church down there is supposedly going through this great revival. Woo Haa. Miracles are happening all over the place. Of course when I say "Miracle" what I really mean is, "nothing at all". Someone says a prayer, and suddenly they have glitter in the hair. It's a Miracle! Yeah... that... or you sprinkled glitter in your hair to get attention.

The proof that this is all BS, if you need it, is that apparently God is always one-upping Himself. One person will find a tiny jewel in her pocket after a prayer, another person will find a whole pocket full of jewels, and someone else will show up with a new gold tooth. To be honest, it's a discusting display of "look how holy I am!".

Of course, show this to a 30 year old man, and show this to a 16 year old girl, and you will have completely different perspectives. There's a good reason for that. One has a finely tuned bullshit detector, and the other doesn't have one at all.

So anyway... that's where this fascination came from.

As usual... I blame her mother.

No comments: