Friday, February 25, 2005

It's 5 O'clock Somewhere

Not that it matters. I got no job... I coulda been drinkin' since noon... and well... for all you know... I have been!

Ahh... Its Friday boys... The fire's burin'... the little lady (pregasaurus slothfulys) is curled up on the couch, and the boy (Inertius Maximus) is somehow still in the bed.

So what are we drinkin' tonight?

Res is tippin' back some Makers Mark... God knows that's tough to argue with... Jeanne is goin' with her standard wine coolers... No doubt down in Augusta ThatWhiskyGirl is gonna throw back the bottle of Russell's Reserve I left for her... yeah... she loves me...

Did I tell ya about that? I didn't?

Well shit.

See Wednesday night... and I know I know... I'm not supposed to drink on Wednesdays... for reasons we're all well aware of.... BUT...

We'd stopped off at Frugal McDougals and made purchase of some fine wine and well... I just couldn't help but snatch up some of that Wild Turkey Russells Reserve. I umm... ahem... didn't plan to drink it that night mind you...

but we did.

See Jen hadn't really had much bourbon... and she made the mistake of telling me about her stash of Crown Royal... not imported Crown either... apparently this is the real deal... yeah well...

So I poured a couple glasses... no doubt hers was fuller than she expected... but then again.. I knew anyone who'd been suffering through that damned canadian crap would take a likin' to this pretty quick.

She did.

"OOOOOH! That's gooood! Let's have a taste test with the Crown!"

hehehehe... yeah... lets...

Well she poured the Crown... took a sip... made a face and said... "Well that just tastes watered down!"

See? Chalk up another convert. By the way... You should all give Jen some respect. The girl earned the name ThatWhiskyGirl. She drinks 101 and smiles about it. No chasers required. Most chicks get all squished up after a sip! Gitter dun!!!! We ended up drinkin more than we shoulda... well.. I did anyway... Nobody got pregnant though... and we're all still friends... so I guess it worked out in the end... Least ways I didn't wake up wearin' no girls undies... but I digress...

Now its to early to start this sorta talk yet... but later on this evenin' we're gonna tell some spook stories. I don't mean fake ones either. I'll spin up a yarn or two on some of the... umm.. inexplicable things I've experienced... but I'll expect y'all to do the same. Ghosts... UFO's... BigFoot... Democrats who can add... Yankees who can cook... If you can't explain it... or it just spooked ya... its fair game.

But for now... we'll stick to booze.

I'm thinkin' I'm gonna join Res and sip on some Makers tonight. Its a classy laid back bourbon... and if feels right tonight. Have to run out and pick some up though... Oh don't get excited... I haven't run out of bourbon... I've got 4 bottles on the top-shelf as we speak... but none of them have that cool red wax on the top...

You know somewhere Vox is looking down his nose at me... Posting about booze like a common ruffian...

But then again...

Vox posts about soccer.

Ah well... if any of you others is thinkin' of havin' some Makers with us, we'd appreciate it... and just to prove it... I'll share a bit o' trivia... The President of Makers Mark goes by the name of Samuels... now... it's funny... on account a his great great grand-daddy was also named Samuels... and that particular Samuels actually started the family in the bidness... After he built up his distillery and had her makin' money... why ol' Mr Samuels married him a little woman with two young boys... He took them boys in, and raised up propper... like his own. He taught them boys to shoot, to ride, and to tell the truth.

There names?

Frank and Jesse James.

You might also like to know that the last group of Confederates to Surrender... did so only after Mr Samuels negotiated their Pardon from the Governor of Kentucky... and then... and only then.. Did Quantrill's Raiders surrender... at the old Samuels distillery.

See? This is why I love bourbon... Its so entertwined with the manly arts of History, Story-tellin', Firearms, and Courtin'.

Now... Where else but the Blogger Blaster are you gonna get all that?

No comments: