Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Terra... arium

No great adventure can qualify for such a description if you return without booty. No No No... not in the Sir-mixalot fashion... Booty in the Blackbeard fashion... A boon! A gift! A Prize!

We did not return empty handed.

Julie's fine sister Jenn sent us home with an already setup terrarium with 3 fire bellied toads. I confess I accepted not without a bit of trepidation.... but accept I did, and glad I am of it. Umm... that is to say... Umm... I'm happy about it.

Anyway...

Jeb now has the coolest playroom ever... complete with tropical frogs and crickets to feed them! All resting on custom built-in bookshelves built by... ahem... His daddy.

Now I ain't really a frog guy... but these seem cool enough. They got no tongues... so ya drop these crickets in there amongst 'em and they...well... they sorta perk up... but they sit perfectly still.... then when a cricket gets within about 3 inch...

POW!

They jump on him and bite the hell outta him! It rocks! The crickets are too big to eat whole... so they crunch on 'em for a bit before they swallow 'em! Jeb loves it! He didn't pay the frogs no mind at all until we fed 'em... and now he's blowin' 'em kisses and stuff... can't get enough of 'em.

Thanks Jen!

Any a you kids got critters like these? I don't know nuthin' about 'em... All I know is.. they like it above 60 degrees, and humid as hell.... sounds like me!

The best thing is... Kristy is sittin' in Oak Ridge reading this... just fumin' with envy! She loves these critters... even has a tat of Kermit playin' the banjo... ahem... or so I hear...

No comments: