Friday, June 17, 2005

ATF

Well... here it is... another Friday night... at least this time I'm fairly prepared though. I've actually got somethin' I've been lookin' forward to tryin'.

We're sippin' Bulleit Bourbon tonight boys... 90 proof... medium amber color... Aged around 6 years... similar color to Wild Turkey... though this stuff uses different grains than my favorite bourbons... so I'm a little skepitcal... There is more rye in it... we'll see how it goes...

Actually.. we'll see right now.

mmm...

Smoke... Honey... hints of mint and caramel.... not to bad boys! Not nearly as sweet as Makers and Turkey... but then.. nothin' really is. They're by far the sweetest two whiskeys I've ever had... and well... I've had a few.

You know what this Bulleit stuff makes me think of? I kind of get the impression... that this is what Crown Royal was supposed to taste like... but they just never got it right. Poor dumb Candanians... Up there mixing and matchin'... tryin' to create some perfect whiskey by mixing imperfect parts.

Never gonna happen.

Now back to this Bulleit stuff... See... if bourbon were women... then this stuff would make someone a great wife... not me... but someone. It doesn't strike me as hollywood superstar spectacular (Bookers), or The Best Decision You Ever Made (Makers)... but it's good... and it's reasonably priced.

Ain't smokin' tonight... and I'm drinkin' alone...

Say... I've got a buzz!

Maybe we'll have to official move the old rating up a notch on this Bulleit stuff! Let's see here.. Davy Crocket mentioned on the label... check. County in Kentucky where it was produced noted on label... check. 80 proof +... check. Drinkable? check. Buzz? check.

There ya go... a solid 5 on the Nate Scale of Good Bourbon. It may be better... we'll just have to wait... I'll give some to Whiskey Girl tomarrow night... if she digs it... I'll bump it up to a six. If she spontenously takes off her shirt, we'll take it to an 8... Don't count on that though. If Russel's Reserve didn't do it... this won't either.

Anyway... Tilt 'em back boys.



No comments: