Monday, April 17, 2006

The Goodness Test

I've now had the misfortune to come in contact with this site twice.

I encourage you to go there... take the test... view the conclusions... and then send copious flames to the idiots that run it. Please note that the name of Christ is nowhere to be found, unless you count the brief, and completely incorrect explaination of taking the Lord's name in vain.

God's Laws are apparently randomly pulled from the author's hind quarters. Several questions are straight from the Ten Commandments... then he chooses to throw in something about reading the Bible regularly... which is never mentioned at all as a requirement of God one way or the other. I mean... are we to conclude that illiterates must be extra good to make up for the fact that they don't read the Bible?

I'd love to slap these morons.

I love this part... After you acknowledge your guilt... it never asks if you repented or not... if just asks, "Since you're guilty will you go to Heaven or Hell?" Since I am guilty, but also forgiven, I select Heaven. Here the "Goodness Test" totally blows the whole point of Christianity... which is Redemption.

The test responds:

INCORRECT

While it may seem that God's goodness will cause Him to overlook your sins, the opposite is actually true. Perhaps the following illustration will add some clarity: Imagine you're standing before a judge, guilty of multiple crimes. The judge is about to pass sentence when he asks, "Do you have anything to say for yourself?" You stand up, look the judge in the eye and say, "Yes Your Honor, I believe that you're a good man... and because you're good, you will let me go."

No you moron. What I will say is something like... "Christ died for me."

The judge will probably say something like, "Well, you're right about one thing... I am a good man. And it's because I'm good that I'm going to see that you are punished for your crimes." The very thing you are counting on to save you on the Day of Judgment -- namely God's goodness -- is going to be the very thing that will see to it that justice is done. Because God is so good He will make sure that every murderer, rapist and thief receives justice... but He won't stop there. He will also make sure every liar, blasphemer, and adulterer is punished. While this is something that is extremely tragic and far from God's ultimate desire for any person, the Bible is clear that the place of punishment for those who do not turn from their sins is Hell.

No you moron. God knows the score quite well. It was His plan after all.

Does the fact that you're headed for Hell concern you?

No you moron.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite the author of this stupid test and all of those who support it to read the New Testament.

No comments: