Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sit Down, and Shut Up

My children will never step foot in a government school. This is one reason.

The following is a transcript of a letter that is circulating around the internet. Its actually not in text. Its a photo of a letter... complete with a highlighted section (shown here in italics) . I didn't find anything on Snopes about it so I'll print it here and you can decide for yourselves. Wether or not the letter is authentic, I firmly believe it to be a perfect representation of the attitudes of the modern school system.

Dear Mrs X
You may already know this, but in case Alex has neglected to tell you, I am assigning him to detention for 1 hour this Friday, April 22. The reason is as follows:

Alex consistantly defied me. During class he contradicted me numerous times when I insited that the length of a kilometer was greater than that of one mile. Every other student in class accepted my less without argument, but you son refused to believe what I told him, offering such rebuttals as, "You're lying to the class", and commanding other students to challenge my curriculum.

Even though he was correct, Alex's actions show a blatant disregard for authority, and complete lack of respect for his school. In the future, Alex would be better off simply accepting my teachings without resistence.

Please see to it that your son understands this.

Regards,
XXXXXXXXX


For every one of these stories that we hear about, there are thousands, if not millions more.

No comments: