Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christian Defense

Every once in a while I get an email from one of you folks that really strikes a nerve. Like today...

See... I started this blog because I was asked to... over and over and over by the folks over at Vox's. I was reluctant... especially since I viewed the Blogosphere with a certain disdain. See... the blogosphere is made up of millions of people with nothing to say, hell bent on saying it.

I didn't want to be one of them.

Then I realized... I had something to say.

That something is this...

Men... Christians... Parents... You have a God Given Right, and a Civic Responsibility to defend yourself. You should own, and be well trained in the use of firearms.

Guns are tools... neither good nor bad. See.... good or bad... that only applies to people's behavior. Set a loaded gun on a table and it will sit there forever. It will never harm anyone. At least not until someone comes along and picks it up.

Fun thing about guns. Someone has to pull the trigger.

And yes... turning the other cheek is a profoundly Christian behavior. Its one I support and choose often. However... its not a luxury you have when the safety of your family is on the line.

In Luke 22.... Christ is giving his disciples advice before they go out into the world... I recommend paying attention to Luke 22:36

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

What do you suppose Christ meant those swords to be used for?

There is only one conclusion a student can reach; the defense of those who cannot defend themselves.

I submit that if you are a Christian it is your duty to responsibly keep firearms in your home, if not on your person.

I submit that if you are a citizen of the State of Tennessee, or the United States, it is your civic duty to keep military servicable weapons in your home, lest you be called on empty-handed.

No comments: