Thursday, February 15, 2007

NateMail: A Moral Delima


Reason Sent this:

Anyway, I've got a bit of a dillema I'd like to get your input on. I
posted it on my blog, but here it is for convenience:

***************************
All blonde-haired, blue-eyed men named Ned(Name Changed- ed) are to be made slaves
to the State. We will not be harmed, so long as we cooperate. We will have our basic needs met, and even our families will be cared for. We just won't be free.

Shall I fight? Will you fight on my behalf? I wonder. My life is not threatened. My family's life is not threatened. Only my freedom is to be dispensed with. The Bible allows me to kill indefense of my life or the life of another, but slaves are commanded to bey their masters, even abusive ones. Perhaps under these circumstances, the right thing to do would be to submit, knowing that my life is temporary and has been bought with a price. It belongs to my Creator.

What if it were not me? What if it were blonde-haired, blue-eyed men named Adam? It would seem noble to fight on their behalf, for their freedom and natural human rights. But is my freedom, or anyone else's for that matter, worth the price of a life?

The short answer is yes, you should fight. Here's why... the declaration of slavery is illegal. Therefore you are not as a Christian advised to honor it. Plus, its well established and likely that the slavery would limit your ability to practice Christianity. Therefore not only can you fight... but you must fight.

Another way of looking at it is... when to force them into forcing you to defend yourself. In otherwords you simply ignore them until they come for you, at which point you start killing them.

What is one's life worth anyway? Its a temporary thing. Christians have no reason to fear death at all. Why wouldn't you fight? Its a war, and there is no sin in killing in war.

Personally?

I would start sniping government officials.

No comments: