Monday, December 22, 2008

VPFL Champion

I would like to say that I came into this Fantasy season convinced that I had to win the Championship. After finishing last in 2007 I wouldn't have felt good about continuing in the league that was my brainchild if I hadn't had a spectacular season this year.

Last year... everything that could've gone wrong... went wrong. I lost player after player to injury. It was amazing. It really was.

What a difference a few months makes.

This year I lead the VPFL in total points scored. I won the Championship... and I did it without a dominant QB. I did it with depth. Its a satisfying Championship because of the adjustments I made throughout the year that paid off so often.

It all culminated yesterday when I started Brandon Jacobs... while everyone else thought I should start Chris Johnson. Oh CJ did fine... but Jacobs pounded out 3 rushing TDs... providing 22 fantasy football points.

I will be placing an order for my Championship Ring today. It usually takes 4 to 6 weeks for such things to arrive. Rest assured... many photos will be shared when it shows up.

No comments: